Anchor Construction & Top Rope Setup
Learn the appropriate skills needed for building sound top rope anchors for both ground managed systems and cliff top managed systems to hone your top-roping skills.
These courses are ideal for individuals who what to get outside of the climbing gym or introduce their friends & families to the sport of climbing in the outdoors.
- Level 1: Ground Managed Systems: Rock Rimmon, Manchester
- Level 2: Cliff Top Managed Systems: Artist Bluff, Franconia Notch
- Special venues available upon request.
Skills covered but not limited to:
- Site Selection
- Finding the top of your climb
- Edge Management
- Essential Gear
- Anchor Points (Natural & Artificial)
- Common Errors and how to avoid them.
Level 1: Ground Managed
- For “Walk Around” cliffs and crags
- Learn how to build top rope anchors and climb on them
- Ideal for folks looking to top rope outside of the gym
- Learn about necessary gear and what to avoid
- How to manage risk in a single pitch Environment
Level 2: Top Managed Systems 2 Day
- Ideal for those looking to top rope at more difficult locations, such as Otter Cliffs, ME
- Designed for those who have experience building top rope anchors and belaying from the ground.
- How to belay from the top
- Incorporate Traditional Gear into your anchors
- How to problem solve
- Best done as a two day course
Combine & Learn More:
- Combine with Learn to Lead Sport
- Combine with Private Guided Day for a personalized experience
- Combine with Self Rescue for a complete picture of single pitch risk management